Looking to grow your career in technology? Join the team at ASM Technologies for a fantastic opportunity where no two days are ever the same.
Do you want to be solving challenges, creating service improvements and making a difference to a business that has ambitious growth plans? We want to grow by being the very best at what we do, with delighted customers and amazing service that can help us to achieve our ambitious growth objectives. We want your help.
We provide the world’s biggest brands with technologies that deliver a competitive edge and real value. It’s exciting times at ASM!
About ASM Technologies
Since inception in 1992, we have become leading experts in the IT channel and are the ‘Partner of Choice’ to Europe’s largest Systems Integrators and Value-Added Resellers.
We supply emerging and disruptive technologies to some of the largest enterprise customers in the world.
With an eco-system of thousands of suppliers, ASM Technologies are a multi-national business with offices in London, Paris, Dusseldorf and a head office in Cheshire.
ASM Technologies have been ranked on The Sunday Times International Track 200 for the second year running and have been named by Business Insider as one of the Top 50 Private Companies for Growth in Greater Manchester.
We want to grow by being the very best at what we do, with delighted customers and amazing service that can help us to achieve our ambitious growth objectives.
Summary of Role
The successful candidate will take overall ownership of the buying function for ASM Technologies Group. Helping to create and develop relationships as well as delivering savings and efficiencies for the business. The ideal candidate will be a forward thinking and proactive individual with abundant energy and a willingness to drive change. Strong negotiation skills, relationship building and an innovative approach to working with suppliers and vendors will be key skills.
The role will require a strong commercial background with the ability to build and manage a team of buyers that can source internationally across a wide and diverse range of technical products.
The role will be based in Northwich in Cheshire, supporting our London, France & German locations. The role will require ad-hoc travel (Worldwide) to engage and develop key relationships.
Role & Responsibilities
- Liaising and negotiating with existing and new vendors/suppliers.
- Building and maintaining strategic partnerships with suppliers and vendors.
- Managing our ecosystem of suppliers and providing reporting on vendor performance.
- Assisting in the management of supplier catalogues.
- Reducing costs, improving value.
- Managing commercial terms with suppliers including approval of contracts.
- Developing a continuous improvement policy across existing and new business activities.
- Setting, measuring and reporting on KPI’s.
- Liaise with Account Management on pre and post sales.
- Create a supplier knowledge base.
- Maintaining data and records in ASM’s systems.
- Helping to develop new systems and working practices.
- Help to drive and increase profitability.
- Placing Purchase Orders.
- Expediting Purchase Orders.
- Help to achieve SLA’s.
- Forecasting and reporting on product trends and pricing analysis
- Attending supplier meetings, events and customer meetings where required.
- Adding value to the Sales Team and Customer base
- Managing and reporting on vendor incentives and opportunities.
- Provide analytics to the management team on a regular basis.
- IT Channel.
- Channel Management.
- Understanding of licensing.
- Distribution/reseller background.
Education should be to a degree level and CIPS preferred but not essential.
Experience of Microsoft Dynamics NAV preferred but not essential.
What you can expect from us
- A fast-paced and fun working environment
- A place where you can learn, and your opinion is valued
- Workplace pension after 3 months service
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) with enhanced entitlement based on length of service
- Free on-site parking
- Training and development