Do you want to be working for a company who are selling some of the coolest technologies in the IT Industry that make a real difference to enterprise businesses? We provide the world’s biggest brands with technologies that deliver a competitive edge and real value.
We are looking for a Head of Global Logistics to provide a high quality of management for ASM’s warehousing, distribution and logistical activities in the UK, Europe and Internationally.
Join the team at ASM Technologies for a fantastic opportunity where no two days are ever the same.
About ASM Technologies
Since inception in 1992, we have become leading experts in the IT channel and are the ‘Partner of Choice’ to Europe’s largest Systems Integrators and Value-Added Resellers. We supply emerging and disruptive technologies to some of the largest customers in the world.
With an eco-system of thousands of suppliers, ASM Technologies are a multi-national business with offices in London, Paris, Dusseldorf and a brand new, state of the art head office in Cheshire.
ASM Technologies have been ranked on The Sunday Times International Track 200 for the second year running and have been named by Business Insider as one of the Top 50 Private Companies for Growth in Greater Manchester.
Join the team and see where our business can take you.
About the role
You will be responsible for ensuring customer service levels are met or exceeded and our global logistics activities are based on clear and efficient processes in line with ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO27001. You will directly manage a logistics team in the UK and remotely manage our 3PL operations in Germany & France. Thorough understanding and experience of post-Brexit fulfilment/logistics as well as global shipping/imports/exports is essential.
To have regular formal meetings with all direct reports covering the following points: activity reporting, activity and resource forecast, team matters, performance against agreed KPIs, review of complaints and returns, status of agreed projects, new projects, updates from other areas of the business.
- Ensure that direct & 3PL logistics operations in the UK and Europe are always sufficiently resourced and operating effectively.
- Ensure all core logistics processes are documented and staff are trained accordingly.
- Auditing against agreed logistics processes, with the investigation of complaints related to logistics operations and the implementation of corrective and preventative actions to reduce those number of complaints.
- Harmonisation of logistics processes globally where possible and reasonable.
- Conduct regular tenders to ensure our national rates, inbound/outbound freight rates into/from Europe and worldwide rates are competitive.
- Run regular cost reviews on warehouse consumables to ensure we are operating at lowest possible costs without compromising on quality.
- To support the business with the planning and monitoring of costs with regards to UK, Europe and global logistics operations.
- Definition of meaningful logistic KPIs that ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded, continuous productivity improvements are made and that all logistics activities operate optimally from a performance, cost and working capital perspective.
- To drive initiatives in collaboration with sales and procurement teams leading to higher and more efficient stock turn figures.
- Support the business team in relation to logistics (freight rates, capacities, process design, logistics costs) and Quality Management System.
- Strive to reduce non-system driven transactions and records to an absolute minimum. Close collaboration with Business Systems team required.
- To ensure any upcoming new legislation or trade barriers that could negatively impact our ability to distribute products is identified at an early stage and to propose solutions to minimize the impact of such restrictions.
- Ensure all health and safety procedures and requirements are observed and any corrective or preventative action implemented. Investigate and report any accidents or incidents.
- Ensure that site waste is disposed of in compliance with country specific environmental regulations.
- Produce information/documentation required to report concisely on environmental and sustainability matters.
- Must ensure compliance with all Company Policies, Quality Systems, Procedures and Instructions.
What is involved in the role:
This is a UK based role requiring an individual seeking to develop and progress their career within a fast-paced, forward thinking and rapidly growing organisation. Due to the cross-functional nature of the role strong team-working, excellent communication and relationship building skills are critical.
- The ideal candidate will have at least an operational background within logistics distribution and global shipping, with the ability to apply your knowledge and experience within a more strategic role.
- In-depth knowledge of up-to date import and export procedures including related duty/taxes and other associated costs which compound cost of sale.
- Good understanding of overseas shipping, relevant laws and administrative processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels and ability to challenge effectively.
- High level of drive and enthusiasm and the ability to motivate and inspire both internal and external contacts to achieve excellent performance.
- Capable of continually re-prioritising focus and resource with early identification of challenges and the proposal of their solutions.
- Outward looking and ability to recognise new opportunities for growth by awareness of the ever-changing external environment.
- ISO9001, ISO14001 2015 & ISO27001 compliance experience.
- Microsoft Applications including, but not limited to, Office365, Dynamics NAV/Business Central, CRM and SharePoint.
What we offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- Company Health Cash Plan Scheme
- Workplace pension after 3 months service
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Your birthday off
- Free on-site parking