Do you want to be buying some of the coolest products and software in the IT Industry that make a real difference to enterprise businesses? We provide the world’s biggest brands with technologies that deliver a competitive edge and real value.
ASM Technologies Limited is looking for a Buying Assistant, who will be responsible for managing relationships with suppliers across the UK. Relationship building and attention to detail are essential skills.
Join the team at ASM Technologies for a fantastic opportunity where no two days are ever the same.
About ASM Technologies
Since inception in 1992, we have become leading experts in the IT channel and are the ‘Partner of Choice’ to Europe’s largest Systems Integrators and Value-Added Resellers. We supply emerging and disruptive technologies to some of the largest customers in the world.
With an eco-system of thousands of suppliers, ASM Technologies are a multi-national business with offices in London, Paris, Dusseldorf, and a head office in Cheshire.
ASM Technologies have been ranked on The Sunday Times International Track 200 for the second year running and have been named by Business Insider as one of the Top 50 Private Companies for Growth in Greater Manchester.
Join the team and see where our business can take you.
- Collaboratively work with Sales to identify best sourcing routes
- Utilise the current supply base to source Goods/Services in the first instance
- Go out to market to source Goods/Services where the requirements cannot be met within the current supply base (Request for Quotes etc.)
- Qualify any new Suppliers as appropriate
- Provide quotations to the Sales team to a high standard of accuracy and competency
- Place Supplier purchase orders in a timely and efficient manner
- Update NAV with the initial promised delivery date from the Supplier
- Identify projects, savings, and efficiencies within the allocated commodity
- Focus on achieving KPIs set by the business and those agreed with your manager
- Report, present and communicate data to colleagues as and when required
- Ensure that day to day processes of the business are followed and remain compliant
- To undertake additional duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Knowledge of IT industry preferably having worked in the IT Channel previously
- Knowledge of professional services and software licensing is preferable
- Great team player
- Good eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships with people at all levels
What you can expect from us:
- A fast-paced and fun working environment
- A place where you can learn and your opinion is valued
- Workplace pension after 3 months service
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Your birthday off
- Free on-site parking at Cheshire office
- Training and development